Thursday, January 01, 2009

what a long strange trip...

happy new year.
no, this is not my resolution to blog more often.
it's just time.
time that i got over the fact that my family loves me and will comment on what i write and that's okay. cuz now we're all on facebook and i do it to them all the time. :?p

i've been out of work since my last post.
living off the 100 bucks a week i make teaching people not to drown.
"living off" is a gracious term. i've been living off of grace and mercy and divine intervention, and parents who love me enough to keep me from going into collections on a shared college loan.

the manager who told me to "just go away" convinced unemployment i left of my own accord and was not fired, and unemployment is backed up, so my appeal won't see the lights of a lawyer's eyes for another two weeks.

it's been interesting.
and good for me.

i went home for christmas, which was wonderful.
i spent new years putting kids to bed for cash, which was rewarding in many ways, not the least of which was not being the one who puked.

i have had a couple of interviews, only one of which seems to have panned out even remotely, but even then i just got an email that said "just to let you know, we haven't made any decisions."
um, "thanks, happy new year."

exhale.

so my apartment is very clean.
and i've been watching a night with kevin smith incessantly since i got back from my parents.

life's alright.

hope all is well with you.
much love,
yors

2 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

good to 'talk' with you last night.
congrats again on the job offer.

thank goodness for parents. i like to take mine in small doses....but i am thankful they're always there when i need them.

20:20  
Blogger ac said...

Thank Goodness for parents. I know my daughter would agree with you on that. :)

It's good to know you are there and coasting. Just so you know, ac is pulling for you. xo ac

16:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home