Saturday, August 11, 2007

wow. my pants fit.

i asked a pair of nurses, one seasoned, one who is so wet behind the ears she takes direction from me when cleaning a patient, to step away from the door of a patient while blatantly gossiping about said patient. "you can hear through that window." i had said.

"well, you can, because you're normal." was the seasoned nurse's response.

holy peanuts and apple butter, batman.

we went a short round. she tried to call me out on asking her to be compassionate and respectful of the patient. "do you have written proof? references? research that says that a patient with a helmet on [skull fracture, skull is in belly, helmet protects brain] can hear us from out here?"

are you fucking kidding me?

really.

you're going to come back to me with that as a counter argument?

huh.

and they won't let me finish my degree to get a license to take ever loving and respectful primary care of these patients.

really.

huh.

[steps off soap box. swats kimmyk on the ass. leaves room.]

fuckers.

3 Comments:

Blogger yorlor said...

check, please.

22:17  
Blogger ac said...

Good lord! The audacity of people!

09:53  
Blogger Ladyred said...

Can't she be like....reported???

Or at least thrown under a bus or something?

My sister used to tell me about the residents. THis one guy. Who WANTS to be a doctor. But HATED people! I mean the shit she said he spewed about people he.was.helping behind their backs! Called patients idiots, fat, hairy, I mean you name it he said it.

/AND to boot the director of the program KNEW his attitude! Yet did nothing. Said he was a good doctor. Holy f*ck. I asked where he was going. Should be at Emory in Georgia. Why in the world would you want to help people if you can't stand them? The money?

Karma.......there so has to be karma.......

*shakes head in utter disgust*

17:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home