Sunday, July 29, 2007

home grown


they may be wee, but i GREW them!!
mom tells me they will redden on the vine...
my rosemary is a buddy grower. it got bigger when i set it in this parsley stuff that isn't parsley. it tastes like celery. mom's didn't make it. deer and hungry turtles. ... i'm not even kidding.

the talismen of growth are bowled over by, well, growth!

that's better!

so big!!

i even got the cacti to grow!!! the secret? it lieves next to the dryer that only runs on high heat on a windowsill with southerly light. ... or maybe it's cuz i ignored it. i'm told it's what works for most of the plants i have in the house.


my newest aquisition!! it eats things!! i call her beatrice. betty for short.

she lives with her african violet sisters.

...that's all folks!


3 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

I've always wanted a BETTY but not sure how to take care of them.

That one plant you have that's so big-I have a couple of those. My mom gave 'em to me. My plants are lucky to survive around here...I just don't have a green thumb.

06:57  
Blogger ac said...

I have little animal thingies sitting around in my pots... I called them 'pot sitters' until now. I like your 'talismen of growth' much better.

Lovely! Thanks for the peek. ac

09:33  
Blogger Ladyred said...

love all the plants! i am good with some and not so good with others. I used to have a super green thumb, now it's so-so. i have a snake plant that is bountiful! i'm snuck some baby spider plants so I hope those take root. the last ones didn't. my corn plant is pathetic but i've got two crowns that are doing good, for now. i had a tomato plant once. it grew but never gave me tomaters. the flytrap i had didn't fair well. i think because it was half gone when i got it. looks good! keep photos comin, i love looking into others' photos....

07:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home