Friday, September 12, 2008

i think i let it slip by without me...

i didn't post on 9/11. partially because i was laying on my house mate's bed drinking guiness as she found amusing things for me to laugh at, like her holloween costumes and trailers for Brothers and Sisters on the internets.

...

it's been 7 years and i still have no peace.
7 years and i still have no less than three sources of income at any one time to keep it all together.
7 years and i still look over my shoulder.
7 years and i still have to remind myself that the world is not what it used to be.
7 years and i still have to remind myself that the people who brought me through high school had no idea that this would be my reality.
7 years and i still have to remind myself that i didn't do anything wrong, to be treading water for so long and still feel like i'm getting nowhere.

7 years and i'm still scouring the want ads trying not to think about the look on the dad's face when he talks about another bank merger/lay off and that he took an interview to manage a shoe shop. he's got two kids and a mortgage. i have too much debt for someone my age and only one degree to show for it.

and somehow we manage to get up and do what needs to be done for the kids in the morning.

we will never forget.

good night all. and good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home